Voting & Registration Information
- The deadline to register to vote in Georgia is October 9th.
- If someone wants to vote in their home district but it is not feasible to return there they can apply for an absentee ballot.
- Applications are available at the Political Science Office in Pafford 140 or online at http://sos.ga.gov/admin/files/Absentee_Ballot_Application_2018.pdf and MUST be mailed or presented to the home County Board of Registrar’s Office (information available at http://elections.sos.ga.gov/Elections/countyregistrars.do).
- Absentee Ballot applications MUST be received by the Friday before Election Day (November 2nd) and the absentee ballot MUST be received by November 6th.
*One of the major problems at elections is that students feel they can vote on campus even though they are not registered in this district. As a result, they are not able to vote in district and local elections which are important.
Do a Public Service Announcement to encourage students to check their polling location.
- This can be done either online at Georgia My Voter Page (mvp.sos.ga.gov) or through the phone app GA SOS (available both through iPhone and Google Play).